Forum: Mongrel ERROR RUNNING 'cluster::configure': Plugin /cluster::configure does not exist in category /commands

67280ae6ae2b7a8393248f36296b482c?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Harkins (Guest)
I'm following the mongrel_cluster setup instructions and am unable to
create a config file:

$ mongrel_rails cluster::configure
ERROR RUNNING 'cluster::configure': Plugin /cluster::configure does not
exist in category /commands
Use help command to get help

Every web page I could find that mentioned this error was folks who
didn't install mongrel_cluster or had several versions installed. I
don't:

$ gem list mongrel_cluster

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

mongrel_cluster (1.0.4)
    Mongrel plugin that provides commands and Capistrano tasks for
    managing multiple Mongrel processes.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it without luck, and I have no
idea what else to try. Any suggestions?

--
Peter Harkins  -  http://push.cx  -  http://NearbyGamers.com
500f3195d6107124ef1fae5125540eca?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Gers32 (gers32)

ERROR RUNNING 'service::install': Plugin /service::install does not
exist in category /commands

Although I don't use mongrel_cluster, I manage a cluster of Mongrel
Services from within Apache2.2. I never had this problem before (Win XP,
Vista), until I tried installing on a Win 2003 Server ; I don't know if
it's related...

Have you solved your problem?

Chris.
96273ef9460517bf30bbede85f12a309?d=identicon&s=25 Rene Perrier (rperrier)
on 2008-07-23 04:04
Same problem here.

I have installed mongrel (1.1.5) and mongrel_cluster (1.0.5) and I can
see both of them when I execute "gem list". And I also get the error
message:
"ERROR RUNNING 'cluster::configure': Plugin /cluster::configure does not
exist in category /commands
Use help command to get help"

One additional piece of info:
I have installed all my gems in a non-standard location because I have
no sudo privileges (i.e. I installed my gems using the --install-dir
option)
96273ef9460517bf30bbede85f12a309?d=identicon&s=25 Rene Perrier (rperrier)
on 2008-07-23 06:14
After sweating with irb and google, I found the problem (and a solution)

See http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/ticket/22

This is a bug with gem_plugin and it appears that it will be fixed when
mongrel 1.2 is released.

In the mean time, I was able to solve my problem by setting my GEM_HOME
environment variable to the location of my gems (same as GEM_PATH)