Forum: Ruby-Forum.com who knows if i can have 2 databases in my app

F99227183c89ac240160d755c24f75d2?d=identicon&s=25 Mary Nu (malooking)
on 2007-11-05 23:38
Please, i need help.

i wonder if rail allows to have 1 legacy database in informix and other
mysql database (no legacy) in the same application.

I need to query in the informix database and manipulate data to save in
mysql.

It is posible?? it it is, how? any guide? tutorial? link?

I'll appreciate any help.

best regards.

Mary
73c04e9ef9ca435c5b19a2e765ae6d20?d=identicon&s=25 Max Williams (max-williams)
on 2007-11-07 17:47
Mary Nu wrote:
> Please, i need help.
>
> i wonder if rail allows to have 1 legacy database in informix and other
> mysql database (no legacy) in the same application.
>
> I need to query in the informix database and manipulate data to save in
> mysql.
>
> It is posible?? it it is, how? any guide? tutorial? link?
>
> I'll appreciate any help.
>
> best regards.
>
> Mary

Not tried it myself but there does appear to be a fair bit of
documentation - eg
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseMu...

(top of the list for a google search on "rails multiple databases")

Also, someone's kindly done a rails-informix adapter for you :)
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rails-informix/
Existing account

No account? Register here.