Forum: Ruby-Forum.com who knows if i can have 2 databases in my app

D9e41edc2731dcf7fe70030bf155980f?d=identicon&s=25 Mary N. (malooking)
on 2007-11-05 23:38
Please, i need help.

i wonder if rail allows to have 1 legacy database in informix and other
mysql database (no legacy) in the same application.

I need to query in the informix database and manipulate data to save in
mysql.

It is posible?? it it is, how? any guide? tutorial? link?

I'll appreciate any help.

best regards.

Mary
1cee0a9c7789c89ff05d3a019617ff08?d=identicon&s=25 Max W. (max-williams)
on 2007-11-07 17:47
Mary Nu wrote:
> Please, i need help.
>
> i wonder if rail allows to have 1 legacy database in informix and other
> mysql database (no legacy) in the same application.
>
> I need to query in the informix database and manipulate data to save in
> mysql.
>
> It is posible?? it it is, how? any guide? tutorial? link?
>
> I'll appreciate any help.
>
> best regards.
>
> Mary

Not tried it myself but there does appear to be a fair bit of
documentation - eg
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseMu...

(top of the list for a google search on "rails multiple databases")

Also, someone's kindly done a rails-informix adapter for you :)
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rails-informix/