Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 invalid version of pango for 0.90.6 and later on new build

80ce28a496fc19f178979c80aa0c6c1e?d=identicon&s=25 Grant Schoep (Guest)
Greetings. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something in my
environment. I tried to start as clean as possible.

Before I describe my troubleshooting, it seems like "ruby extconf.rb"
for pango is creating a BAD rbpangoversion.h file

I tried a few versions, and it seemed to break between 0.90.5 and 0.90.6

The generated rbpangoversion.h file contains the following under 0.90.6

#define PANGO_MAJOR_VERSION (2)
#define PANGO_MINOR_VERSION (0)
#define PANGO_MICRO_VERSION (0)
#define PANGO_TAG_VERSION (b7)

Under 0.90.5 it creates
#define PANGO_MAJOR_VERSION (1)
#define PANGO_MINOR_VERSION (28)
#define PANGO_MICRO_VERSION (1)
..

On this test machine. I indeed have

pango-1.28.1-4.fc14.i686
pango-devel-1.28.1-4.fc14.i686

I've seen it do this on other machines too.

Where the heck is it getting PANGO_MAJOR_VERSION == 2 from?

This is from a fairly clean install using the latest
ruby-1.9.2-p180.tar.gz and pkg-config-1.0.8.gem for my ruby distro

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain
confidential and proprietary
information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient,
or an agent or employee
responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient,
or if you have received
this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate or
otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you
have received this
communication in error, and delete the copy you received. DigitalGlobe
reserves the
right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its
employees, agents
or representatives.
80ce28a496fc19f178979c80aa0c6c1e?d=identicon&s=25 Grant Schoep (Guest)
Ahh. I think I found the reason why.

This comes from
ruby-gnome2-all-0.90.8/glib2/lib/mkmf-gnome2.rb
# This is used for the library which doesn't support version info.
def make_version_header(app_name, pkgname, dir = "src")
  version = PKGConfig.modversion(pkgname).split(/\./)
  version = "2.0b7".split(/\./)
  (0..2).each do |v|

What's that 2.0b7 doing there?

It looks like this was introduced between mkmkf-gnome2.rb -r3967 -r4007
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
2011/3/16 Grant Schoep <gschoep@digitalglobe.com>:

Hi.

> What's that 2.0b7 doing there?

I guess it was written for testing purpose.
I have deleted it from svn repo.

Thanks for your report.
> on new build
>
> #define PANGO_MINOR_VERSION (28)
>
> information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or
> employees, agents
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en mailing list
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en@lists.sourceforge.net

Vincent Carmona

I'm sorry for my late response because my mail domain's mail
server is still down by the earhquake in Japan...

In <AANLkTi=aHOvsMUWUsoTBTw8Qkn4xT3R+gtJ9dpWN8=Lf@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] invalid version of pango for 0.90.6
andlater on new build" on Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:18:42 +0100,
  Vincent Carmona <vinc4mai@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What's that 2.0b7 doing there?
>
> I guess it was written for testing purpose.
> I have deleted it from svn repo.

Yes. It's my fault.
Thanks for fixing it!

> Thanks for your report.

And thanks for reporting too!

--
kou
80ce28a496fc19f178979c80aa0c6c1e?d=identicon&s=25 Grant Schoep (Guest)

But I love Ruby. And Gnome is basically the default GUI evironment on
computers these days. So I might as well get and learn it.

________________________________

> I guess it was written for testing purpose.
> I have deleted it from svn repo.

Yes. It's my fault.
Thanks for fixing it!

> Thanks for your report.

And thanks for reporting too!

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain
confidential and proprietary
information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient,
or an agent or employee
responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient,
or if you have received
this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate or
otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you
have received this
communication in error, and delete the copy you received. DigitalGlobe
reserves the
right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its
employees, agents
or representatives.
80ce28a496fc19f178979c80aa0c6c1e?d=identicon&s=25 Grant Schoep (Guest)
Good to hear your there and ok. It was funny, at work(I am in US) I
overheard two different "cube units" talking about "I hope Matz is ok"
and also "what about the other guys that do...xyz"

Oh yes, and I was also wondering... is the power for
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/
Going to be stable?

Anyways, take care. Keep clear.

I had a dream last night that Sir Elton John was leading a party of
nuclear surviors through some canyon. That is a good sign right? ... hmm

Sorry this has nothign to do with gnome2-devel.  I just thought a little
shinny light would be good.

[...]

Existing account

No account? Register here.