Forum: Ruby-Forum.com .: give the new user administrator privileges :.

46e0f1d1f47a5558e922239885d96237?d=identicon&s=25 Anisur Rahman (marbca)

My RForum site is running. here is the link
http://forum.findbd.com/user/register

But I couldn't give to new user administrator privileges with this
command:
RAILS_ENV=production script/make_admin username

When I use this command line, I got this msg.
[dionysus]$ RAILS_ENV=production script/make_admin arahman
-bash: script/make_admin: Permission denied

So what I did. I modified role field in users table.
like arahman was user. i made as an Admin.

Now when I login with this user, I got menu like:
 Forum List | Search | User settings | User List | Log Out [arahman]
(Admin)

But now my question is how do I add Forum list Category or subcategory.

I am running RRforum on Dreamhost using MySQL.

Thanks
46e0f1d1f47a5558e922239885d96237?d=identicon&s=25 Anisur Rahman (marbca)
on 2007-09-15 21:23
My site link : http://forum.findbd.com/forum/1

I solved that my problems,

But I got other one when i try to post anything I got " Application
error " here
http://forum.findbd.com/topic/new#postform

Also I have some problem:

1. when I click Forum_List from Nav. menu, got error, didn't go to
default page or anywhere.

2. Also when I logout, i got same problem.

My site link : http://forum.findbd.com/forum/1

So if anyone implemented RForum, they where I made a mistake.
Please let me know

Thanks...

Anisur Rahman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My RForum site is running. here is the link
> http://forum.findbd.com/user/register
>
> But I couldn't give to new user administrator privileges with this
> command:
> RAILS_ENV=production script/make_admin username
>
> When I use this command line, I got this msg.
> [dionysus]$ RAILS_ENV=production script/make_admin arahman
> -bash: script/make_admin: Permission denied
>
> So what I did. I modified role field in users table.
> like arahman was user. i made as an Admin.
>
> Now when I login with this user, I got menu like:
>  Forum List | Search | User settings | User List | Log Out [arahman]
> (Admin)
>
> But now my question is how do I add Forum list Category or subcategory.
>
> I am running RRforum on Dreamhost using MySQL.
>
> Thanks
Existing account

No account? Register here.