Forum: Ruby problem with rubygem

1ebf8ca8a8f0002267e8999a4d84a151?d=identicon&s=25 Yin Silver (austeretown)
on 2007-08-02 12:03
Hello every body,

    I tried to install ruby and rubygem. So I have downloaded :
    ruby-1.8.5-p2 and rubygem-0.9.4  no problem for their installation.
But when I tried to do: gem install rails --include-dependencies, i have
got a error message:

    ERROR: While executing gem…(Gem: RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
                  getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name
resolutio(SocketError)

   So anybody know what's the matter? Thanks very much!!

Yin
1861fd4e6f10c590f33f93b369efcb67?d=identicon&s=25 Lutz Horn (Guest)

On 2 Aug., 12:04, Yin Silver <yin...@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> But when I tried to do: gem install rails --include-dependencies, i have
> got a error message:
>
>     ERROR: While executing gem...(Gem: RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
>                   getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name
> resolutio(SocketError)

This means that gem can't resolve the name of a remote server, i. e.
http://gems.rubyforge.org

Can you connect to this server using a browser or a command line tool
like curl?

Lutz
1ebf8ca8a8f0002267e8999a4d84a151?d=identicon&s=25 Yin Silver (austeretown)
on 2007-08-02 14:02

Hi, Lutz

 Thank you very much for your help. I have installed the connection
Intenet in my server just now. And I tried to reinstall the rubygem. But
this time I got:

  Bulk updating Gem source index for http://gems.rubyforge.org
  ERROR: While executing gem...(Gem::GemNotFoundException)
         Could not find rails(>0) in any repository

  What does it mean? And I tied to connect http://gems.rubyforge.org
with a browser but failed. Can you give me some advices more?? Thank you

On 2 Aug., 14:02, Yin Silver <yin...@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
>   Bulk updating Gem source index forhttp://gems.rubyforge.org
>   ERROR: While executing gem...(Gem::GemNotFoundException)
>          Could not find rails(>0) in any repository

What are the exact parameters you call gem with?

>   What does it mean? And I tied to connecthttp://gems.rubyforge.org
> with a browser but failed.

Hm, I get a page with "Welcome to the RubyGems distribution website"
on it. It seems you have to recheck your internet connection.

Lutz
C667185722eaecf12461cb423dc8b410?d=identicon&s=25 Ronald Fischer (Guest)
> >   What does it mean? And I tied to connecthttp://gems.rubyforge.org
> > with a browser but failed.
>
> Hm, I get a page with "Welcome to the RubyGems distribution website"
> on it. It seems you have to recheck your internet connection.

Did you try to click on the "download" link at this site, i.e. where
it says "To download and install RubyGems please visit rubygems"?
It seems that *this* link is broken.

Ronald