Forum: Ruby on Rails save to another database

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
6e44329fc96c34beb06b5a021dc6ace1?d=identicon&s=25 Grégory Pardoen (pardoengreg)
on 2007-08-01 22:35
Hi,

I want to save to current database to another one with the same format.
Does anyone know how to do it ?

I have a mysql database to which my Ruby on Rails is connected to.
And I want to export a whole table from the current database into
another database (with another hostname, another login, another
password).

Thanks in advance,

Greg
3f6d3d6f3d128ef32dc8dbeb89c83c5a?d=identicon&s=25 Kurth Bemis (Guest)
on 2007-08-01 23:04
(Received via mailing list)
Why re-invent the wheel?

For most servers I admin, I use the MySQL Administration Tool.  Works
real slick.  Available from mysql.com/downloads.  Works on Linux and
Windows.

If I need a quick change, I'll use phpMyAdmin (Google it).  PHP based
MySQL administration system.  Also works really slick.

Can you not use these tools?
~k

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 22:35 +0200, Grégory Pardoen wrote:
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greg
--
Kurth Bemis
Ozone Computer
Consulting, Sales and Service

1 Main Street
Springfield, VT 05156

802-885-8030
888-321-OZONE
ozonecomputer.com
6e44329fc96c34beb06b5a021dc6ace1?d=identicon&s=25 Grégory Pardoen (pardoengreg)
on 2007-08-02 19:58
Yes, of course I can do that but this not the goal of the web
application that I'm building ! But thanks anyway for the answer !

The end user doesn't know phpmyadmin, and should not learn it. So what I
want, it's to make an automatic save of a table into an another
database.

The real goal of this kind of backup is that the current database is
local to the computer and the automatic save should make a copy of a
local table into another database. And this last database is online, and
can be view from internet.

Thanks in advance,

Greg


Kurth Bemis wrote:
> Why re-invent the wheel?
>
> For most servers I admin, I use the MySQL Administration Tool.  Works
> real slick.  Available from mysql.com/downloads.  Works on Linux and
> Windows.
>
> If I need a quick change, I'll use phpMyAdmin (Google it).  PHP based
> MySQL administration system.  Also works really slick.
>
> Can you not use these tools?
> ~k
>
> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 22:35 +0200, Gr�gory Pardoen wrote:
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Greg
> --
> Kurth Bemis
> Ozone Computer
> Consulting, Sales and Service
>
> 1 Main Street
> Springfield, VT 05156
>
> 802-885-8030
> 888-321-OZONE
> ozonecomputer.com
34f5b045aec62235c17458650ea75353?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Koppelman (hatless)
on 2007-08-02 20:47
This might be part of what you're looking for:

http://magicmodels.rubyforge.org/magic_multi_connections/

Grégory Pardoen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to save to current database to another one with the same format.
> Does anyone know how to do it ?
>
> I have a mysql database to which my Ruby on Rails is connected to.
> And I want to export a whole table from the current database into
> another database (with another hostname, another login, another
> password).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greg
6e44329fc96c34beb06b5a021dc6ace1?d=identicon&s=25 Grégory Pardoen (pardoengreg)
on 2007-08-02 21:59
Thanks, I think this can work.


Steve Koppelman wrote:
> This might be part of what you're looking for:
>
> http://magicmodels.rubyforge.org/magic_multi_connections/
>
> Grégory Pardoen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to save to current database to another one with the same format.
>> Does anyone know how to do it ?
>>
>> I have a mysql database to which my Ruby on Rails is connected to.
>> And I want to export a whole table from the current database into
>> another database (with another hostname, another login, another
>> password).
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Greg
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.