Forum: Ruby network failure with sms alert using RUBY project

410dd594ae6b6404d9224af7cdd2d256?d=identicon&s=25 Zafrol Mansor (lorfaz)
on 2007-08-01 18:55
can i use ruby to make this project?
33ec7e55a251c1be8d6febfd929aebbe?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Kujawa (gregarican)
On Aug 1, 12:55 pm, Zafrol Mansor <lor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can i use ruby to make this project?
> --

I have done similar things for network/server/logfile monitoring using
the included net/smtp library. I just conditionally send mail messages
to my cell phone's associated e-mail address. Works fine. As long as
you know how to format the recipient address depending on your cell
provider. For example, in the U.S. my Verizon Wireless phone would be
like area code+phone number@vtext.com.
Dcef09335767135acb26ecfebbc65198?d=identicon&s=25 Enrique Comba Riepenhausen (Guest)
On 1 Aug 2007, at 18:55, Zafrol Mansor wrote:

> can i use ruby to make this project?
> --

Actually you could use Rannel (http://rubyforge.org/projects/rannel)
in conjunction with kannel to be able to send SMS messages with Ruby.
If not you will have to code the SMPP protocol yourself (which would
make a nice project though).

Regards,

Enrique