Forum: Ferret When to restart the DRb server?

D0347a9af192d23f47056bd253743dcf?d=identicon&s=25 John Bachir (Guest)
Under what circumstances does the DRb server need to be restarted?
When new models are being indexed? When a model changes?

Thanks,
John
D148c5959e4eccc97f33244f1c5396e9?d=identicon&s=25 Benjamin Krause (Guest)
On 2007-07-31, at 11:17 PM, John Bachir wrote:

> Under what circumstances does the DRb server need to be restarted?
> When new models are being indexed? When a model changes?

Hey John,

if you change your model classes, the backgroundrb server should
be restarted. This includes migrations or any other code that is
relevant for the indexing process. But if you use capistrano, there
is a capistrano task available for acts_as_ferret[1].

Ben

[1] http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/browse...
acts_as_ferret/lib/ferret_cap_tasks.rb