Forum: Ruby on Rails *.html.erb or *.erb.html ?

Railsters:

The wave of the future, for view file names, is *.html.erb , with the
target type on the left and the templating system on the right.

Right?

Or is *.erb.html also optional?

We are looking at a template system that seems to register both
extensions. Should it do that? Is that optional?

One of them doesn't seem to work!

--
 Phlip
 http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/

> We are looking at a template system that seems to register both
> extensions. Should it do that? Is that optional?
>
> One of them doesn't seem to work!
>
> --
> Phlip

The general form of this should be

name.format.template_engine

format is the .html, xml, js, rss etc
template_engine is erb, haml, builder etc

HTH
Daniel