Forum: Ruby on Rails what's the use of ActiveResource

997433f165140d58f52b8c0d1d005dc1?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Aljord (Guest)
Hey all,

I read that ARes is mostly a tool to facilitate access to APIs but can
it be used as an ActiveRecord replacement in some cases? if yes, what
cases?

thanx in advance

Pat
> I read that ARes is mostly a tool to facilitate access to APIs but can
> it be used as an ActiveRecord replacement in some cases? if yes, what
> cases?

You can use it in the case where the data you're accessing is behind a
compatible API and not a database.

--
Rick Olson
http://lighthouseapp.com