Forum: Ruby on Rails current line of thinking towards reusable code / components

093fff8b24ee86a026d46b8f04ff5b87?d=identicon&s=25 rails.impaired (Guest)
Things change so fast and I was just wondering what the current
convention is towards reusable code in Rails.  Do we create gems,
plugins, components??

Thanks

rails.impaired
B84d42a3a5c343f8fc6ab7d7f47fd3f5?d=identicon&s=25 Robby Russell (Guest)
rails.impaired wrote:
> Things change so fast and I was just wondering what the current
> convention is towards reusable code in Rails.  Do we create gems,
> plugins, components??

Plugins would likely be your best candidate for reusable code that is
Rails-specific.

If it's pure Ruby, would suggest a gem.

Cheers,
Robby