Forum: Ruby on Rails Webmail Apps in RoR

2dcb81d519c3707c043f28b3b6fe4f28?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Hancock (Guest)
Recently started looking for a webmail client written using ruby and
rails.
Have not had much luck with google.  Only one that shows up thus far has
been mailr but that site has a python error on it.

Does anyone here know of one or shall I just bite the bullet and build
one?

--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System Administrator
> Recently started looking for a webmail client written using ruby and rails.
> Have not had much luck with google.  Only one that shows up thus far has
> been mailr but that site has a python error on it.
>
> Does anyone here know of one or shall I just bite the bullet and build one?

It's not Rails, but unless you want to build one, take a look at
roundcube.  Pretty slick app.
188a96403bfb1b3781ab95fc1bc92241?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Elver (jordelver)
Probably not exactly what you want, but Joyent Connector has been open
sourced and it includes a mail client. Might be worth a look.

http://joyeur.com/2007/07/17/joyent-connector-free-open

Cheers,
Jord
Efe398b3b5436b0a8d4430090e8f86ea?d=identicon&s=25 seth b. (subimage)
+1 for roundcube - although I've just been thinking about switching to
google mail for my domain.

Might be something you want to look into.

--
--------------------
seth at subimage interactive

Richard

On 7/26/07, subimage interactive <subimage@gmail.com> wrote:
> > rails.
> >
> > -----
> > http://sublog.subimage.com
> > -----
> > Cashboard - Estimates, invoices, and time tracking software - for free!
> > http://www.getcashboard.com
> > -----
> > Substruct - Open source RoR e-commerce software.
> > http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct

--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System Administrator
2dcb81d519c3707c043f28b3b6fe4f28?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Hancock (Guest)
Ill look into that.  Thanks.

Richard

On 7/26/07, Jordan Elver <jordan.elver@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System Administrator
Dfd6f9989147955682701da8227df8b4?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Wang (Guest)
Richard Hancock wrote:
> Already tried pitching Google.  Was denied quite quickly saying it was not
> an option.  Don't really know why though.

Perhaps they didn't like the idea of having your email stored on a 3rd
party site.

--
Michael Wang
2dcb81d519c3707c043f28b3b6fe4f28?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Hancock (Guest)

Richard

--
Richard J Hancock
Developer/System Administrator
96f97579d2aa7e2fd337c01f959fff92?d=identicon&s=25 Luben Manolov (lmanolov)
on 2007-07-28 17:32
Hi Richard,

Richard Hancock wrote:
> Recently started looking for a webmail client written using ruby and
> rails.
> Have not had much luck with google.  Only one that shows up thus far has
> been mailr but that site has a python error on it.

Mailr is moved to another server until we fix the Trac problems. Please
check again http://mailr.org and if the DNS is not updated yet you can
download the code directly from http://svn.littlegreen.org/mailr/trunk

Best regards,

Luben
2dcb81d519c3707c043f28b3b6fe4f28?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Hancock (Guest)
Thanks for the reply.  Ill pass it on to my client.