Forum: Rails deployment Strange deployment error.

57aeae4204377043f61bbd24ad49b0d0?d=identicon&s=25 Andy (Guest)
We are having difficulty figuring out why our app works fine in
mongrel development, but in production it gets messed up.

On an ajax search function (people search, we are a social network) in
development we get the normal amount of results, but in production
with the same criteria, much less, and the results are the same no
matter if you change the values or not.

We thought maybe it has something to do with cache? Any ideas anyone?

We see this error while testing locally, and on our joyent slice...
4e25326d3e557403cd65c4194144d90e?d=identicon&s=25 Eli Miller (jqr)
on 2007-08-17 14:01
Andy wrote:
> On an ajax search function (people search, we are a social network) in
> development we get the normal amount of results, but in production
> with the same criteria, much less, and the results are the same no
> matter if you change the values or not.

First things first, check out your log files while your ajax queries are
running. If you're getting wrong data then you should be able to figure
it it's origin out from the log file.

If all else fails, with some simple tweaks to production.rb and
environment.rb you can make environments act however you like. I would
incrementally change production.rb to development.rb and keep testing.

Eli