Forum: Ruby on Rails brazilian railers, resources

648d60296e65a1278017c0b9f960ec3a?d=identicon&s=25 ol1barn3s (Guest)
I've seen a few Brazilian faces around here... I'd like to hear from
you, to see how many of us are there on the list, what each is up to,
and ask about any brazilian rails communities and resources you may
know about...

I'm a developer based in São Paulo, and have recently switched to
rails for all my current and future projects. Previously I worked with
PHP.

So far I've come across two brazilian sites about rails

http://rubyonrails.com.br/
http://rails.jkcosta.info/ (just announced here at the list, with
tutorials in portuguese)

and I don't know about any mailing lists or IRC channels. if there are
none and enough people are interested, I'd be interested in starting
one of each.

- Oliver
47c4771d9d8782067b57faf3aed18a44?d=identicon&s=25 carlos.okada (Guest)
Hello Oliver
My name is Carlos Okada. I'm owner of Trifax Tecnologia, a small
development
company in Curitiba. We currently develop in .NET/C# (using a internal
developed Web framework). I am trying Rails in some small projects right
now
and I plan to adopt it as our main development plataform.

+1

Okada.

2005/11/22, Oliver Barnes <ol1barn3s@gmail.com>:
C63e105d68d1e5e8dcba755d15de7a22?d=identicon&s=25 Eustáquio Rangel (taq)
on 2005-11-22 20:58
Hello there.

> I've seen a few Brazilian faces around here... I'd like to hear from
> you, to see how many of us are there on the list, what each is up to,
> and ask about any brazilian rails communities and resources you may
> know about...

One more Brazilian here, there's some time by now I'm using Ruby for
some stuff and just this week I'm installing Rails and trying it, after
study a lot about the language. :-)

> I'm a developer based in S�o Paulo, and have recently switched to
> rails for all my current and future projects. Previously I worked with
> PHP.

I'm on São José do Rio Preto, SP.

> and I don't know about any mailing lists or IRC channels. if there are
> none and enough people are interested, I'd be interested in starting
> one of each.

If you need some Portuguese tutorial about Ruby itself, not Rails, you
can try mine at:

http://beam.to/taq/tutorialruby.php

And there is a #ruby-br channel on freenode.org and a rubyisfun group on
http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/rubyisfun/, but they are too quiet. :-)

[]'s
648d60296e65a1278017c0b9f960ec3a?d=identicon&s=25 ol1barn3s (Guest)
Hi Carlos,
nice! it's good to hear of companies doing a full switch to rails down
here.
I've created a wiki entry for a listing of companies and developers
using rails in brazil at the rubyonrails.com.br site, perhaps you'd be
interested in adding Trifax to it?:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com.br/rails/show/Companhi...

2005/11/22, Carlos Y. Okada <carlos.okada@gmail.com>:
648d60296e65a1278017c0b9f960ec3a?d=identicon&s=25 ol1barn3s (Guest)
Hello Eustáquio,
I just found this google group, which has been hibernating since
february :)

http://groups.google.com/group/rails-br/about

but I bet (err.. hope) that in time it'll pick up more activity