Forum: Ruby on Rails InstantRails and ImageScience on Windows

C3c53d4f132fb4ae634e80e501f188f0?d=identicon&s=25 Olly Lylo (Guest)
Has anyone successfully used ImageScience whilst running using
InstantRails on Windows?   Out of the box I don't believe it's
possible given that ImageScience uses RubyInline which itself requires
a C compiler, which of course Windows doesn't ship with.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, does anyone have any suggestions
for how I can get this up and running, or is it a matter of installing
Cygwin and the Rails stack manually?

Cheers, Olly
Cad307112aab24d928964d6355a851e8?d=identicon&s=25 Laby Labby (laby01)
on 2007-08-28 20:57
Olly Lylo wrote:
> Has anyone successfully used ImageScience whilst running using
> InstantRails on Windows?   Out of the box I don't believe it's
> possible given that ImageScience uses RubyInline which itself requires
> a C compiler, which of course Windows doesn't ship with.
>
> Unless I'm missing something obvious, does anyone have any suggestions
> for how I can get this up and running, or is it a matter of installing
> Cygwin and the Rails stack manually?
>

> Cheers, Olly

Olly,

Just wondering, did you have any luck on figuring out how to do this?

Thanks,
lab
C3c53d4f132fb4ae634e80e501f188f0?d=identicon&s=25 Olly Lylo (Guest)
I'm afraid not.  I think you can probably do it by installing a
command line C compiler but I haven't tried this.  The best solution
is to ditch the PC and buy a Mac :-)
Cad307112aab24d928964d6355a851e8?d=identicon&s=25 Laby Labby (laby01)
on 2007-08-29 15:48
Olly Lylo wrote:
> I'm afraid not.  I think you can probably do it by installing a
> command line C compiler but I haven't tried this.  The best solution
> is to ditch the PC and buy a Mac :-)

Ok, I'll try that.
lol. I thought about that at one point (getting a Mac) hehe.  Thanks for
your help anyway :)