IronRuby in Action cancelled

I got a message from Manning today telling me I could get a
refund/replacement for IronRuby in Action since it was cancelled.

Anyone know the reason why it was cancelled? It looked practically done
to me.

I won’t go in too deep on the reasons why but in the end I ran out time
basically and lack of interest. The entire explanation is quite lengthy.
Anyway I’m finding out who owns the actual IP rights now. But the last
time Manning asked I told them that in an ideal situation this book
would be a gift to the ironruby community, shared under a creative
commons license.

if it turns out that manning is planning to make the pdf available for
download then fine. if it turns out that I have the rights to the
content then I’ll make the raw word documents available as a pdf book.

Cheers
Ivan

I got a message from Manning today telling me I could get a
refund/replacement for IronRuby in Action since it was cancelled.

Anyone know the reason why it was cancelled? It looked practically done to
me.

Ivan told me it’s cancelled indeed - he will likely make an announcement
later on here.

– Thibaut

I enjoyed following the book’s progress. Thank you for writing it.

All the interactions I’ve had as a customer with Manning tells me
they’ll do the right thing.

I hope we’ll see the book out in the near future :slight_smile:

Pity to hear of the cancellation, good luck to your subsequent pursuits
Ivan!

Having written myself as unpaid “Community Contribution” the Chaper 10,
“Transforming a legacy GUI to WPF and
IronRuby”, I guess I own enough IP on that to hereby donate it
(attached) to the public domain.
I hope you or Manning will release rest of the book in some form.

Robert J. Brotherus

I won’t go in too deep on the reasons why but in the end I ran out time
basically and lack of interest. The entire explanation is quite lengthy.
Anyway I’m finding out who owns the actual IP rights now. But the last
time Manning asked I told them that in an ideal situation this book
would be a gift to the ironruby community, shared under a creative
commons license.

if it turns out that manning is planning to make the pdf available for
download then fine. if it turns out that I have the rights to the
content then I’ll make the raw word documents available as a pdf book.

Cheers
Ivan

Was waiting for this book from a long time.
But what we can say. Good look to you for ahead. :slight_smile:

That is very generous of you Ivan, hope it works out.
~Jimmy

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Ivan Porto carrero

I was briefly involved at one point too… turns out writing a book is
very hard.

Thanks for all your hard work Ivan, hope you get to share it with us!

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:39 AM, gaurav s. [email protected] wrote:

Was waiting for this book from a long time.
But what we can say. Good look to you for ahead. :slight_smile:

Ironruby-core mailing list

Michael L.
http://blog.prokrams.com