Forum: Ferret Ferret indexing problem through rake tasks

525128e48ca2b4c7fb6176ea166fccfd?d=identicon&s=25 Eric G. (gotskill10)
on 2007-07-23 22:07
I'm having a weird problem. Recently, on all my environments, one of my
two indexed models is not returning any results to acts_as_ferret.
However, the folder is being created for it and Im not receiving any
errors.

On my two models, I call the following:

Book.rebuild_index
User.rebuild_index

When I call those commands through either my live app "ruby
script/server" or through the console "ruby script/console," it works
fine and I can search on the Book model.

However, when I run those exact commands through a rake task (with
:environment set), it creates the indexes successfully, but it will
return NO results for the Book model. However, User will continue to
work. Looking in the log files, it shows that the rebuilds were
successful. Im guessing there is some kind of linking problems here.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. - Aryk
C9dd93aa135988cabf9183d3210665ca?d=identicon&s=25 Jens Kraemer (Guest)
Hi!

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:07:06PM +0200, Aryk Grosz wrote:
> I'm having a weird problem. Recently, on all my environments, one of my
> two indexed models is not returning any results to acts_as_ferret.
> However, the folder is being created for it and Im not receiving any
> errors.

Did you change anything in your setup before this started happening
(maybe an aaf upgrade)? What version of aaf do you use?

> :environment set), it creates the indexes successfully, but it will
> return NO results for the Book model. However, User will continue to
> work. Looking in the log files, it shows that the rebuilds were
> successful. Im guessing there is some kind of linking problems here.

When you say aaf creates the indexes successfully, does that mean that
you checked them with plain Ferret and could retrieve documents from the
books index?

cheers,
Jens

--