Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Need tester: Toggle references

I want to import those patches but they will be tested
before importing because they changes core mechanism:

[#3012947] Toggle references
  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3...
> Here are two patches to use toggle references to manage
> gobjects instead of trying to walk the hierarchy of
> containers to discover them all. I think this could be
> more efficient and robust and it makes it easier to
> implement wrappers for new toolkits. This is similar to
> how gjs works as far as I can tell.

Could someone try the patches with your applications and/or
sample programs in Ruby-GNOME2. We need to confirm that
those patches don't crash your applications and leak memory.
(We also need to confirm efficiency?)

kou
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi.
Patches cannot be applyed as they are since a lot of paths were
modified.
It seems that glib2/ext/glib2/rbgobj_object.c was also modified since
I have some warning :
patching file glib2/ext/glib2/rbgobj_object.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 23 with fuzz 1.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 38 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 110 (offset -5 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 197 with fuzz 2 (offset -11 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 803 (offset -36 lines).

Neverless I try the patched files. It seems to works but I just run a
application and quits.

--
Vincent Carmona

In <AANLkTinCy6XV36GiuZmnW4Df8z5Z_P1Jci8DykJdGkGh@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Need tester: Toggle references" on Sat, 26
Feb 2011 05:35:15 +0100,
  Vincent Carmona <vinc4mai@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> how gjs works as far as I can tell.
> I have some warning :
> application and quits.
Thanks for trying it.
The patch is related to GC. So we need to test it with
application that runs many GC...

kou
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3...
>>> those patches don't crash your applications and leak memory.
>> Hunk #4 succeeded at 197 with fuzz 2 (offset -11 lines).

With my applications GC is unlikely to be called on Gtk objects...

It would be easier to find testers if the patch could be apply more
easily. Can Neil Roberts submit a new version of this patch ?

Vincent Carmona
Existing account

No account? Register here.