Forum: Ruby svn+http on RubyForge

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
on 2007-07-21 02:20
(Received via mailing list)
Hi all -

Just wanted to let folks know that RubyForge now supports svn+http for
read-only access to the svn repositories.  For example:

====================
$ svn checkout http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/ mongrel
A    mongrel/test
A    mongrel/test/test_command.rb
A    mongrel/test/test_redirect_handler.rb
A    mongrel/test/test_response.rb
A    mongrel/test/test_stats.rb
[ ... etc ... ]
====================

Enjoy!

Yours,

Tom
http://generatingparserswithjavacc.com/
703fbc991fd63e0e1db54dca9ea31b53?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Dober (Guest)
on 2007-07-21 20:03
(Received via mailing list)
On 7/21/07, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
> A    mongrel/test/test_response.rb
>
>
>
>
Great news and a good occasion to say thanks to Tom for the great work
:)

Cheers
Robert
38ed06ce1dd79b986574e9c7b7b374f8?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists (Guest)
on 2007-07-21 23:10
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Tom Copeland wrote:

> Just wanted to let folks know that RubyForge now supports svn+http for
> read-only access to the svn repositories.

Nice, thanks! I had to "tunnel" through our own server in order to
checkout the current rubyforge mocha project at my current contract
work.
It took me several calls, some month and a half of waiting and a formal
request for my client company to open the SVN port and then only to my
own
machine ... ;-). Life will be easier now.
*t

--
1389520a4eaa3d3e4523a76139e8f2e6?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Davis (Guest)
on 2007-07-22 03:53
(Received via mailing list)
On Jul 21, 2007, at 11:01 , Robert Dober wrote:

> On 7/21/07, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
>> Just wanted to let folks know that RubyForge now supports svn+http
>> for
>> read-only access to the svn repositories.  For example:
>>
> Great news and a good occasion to say thanks to Tom for the great
> work :)

Even better would be to give a tangible "thank you" to Tom for doing
such a damn fine job of maintaining and improving a critical resource
to all of us. He likes dark beer and porter. I was thinking of
getting some donations via paypal and sending him a thank you gift he
could really appreciate.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll see what we can do.

P.S. I don't drink so suggestions on dark beer / porter that can be
ordered and shipped via the interwebs would be appreciated.
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
on 2007-07-22 04:55
(Received via mailing list)
On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 10:52 +0900, Ryan Davis wrote:
> Even better would be to give a tangible "thank you" to Tom for doing
> such a damn fine job of maintaining and improving a critical resource
> to all of us. He likes dark beer and porter. I was thinking of
> getting some donations via paypal and sending him a thank you gift he
> could really appreciate.
>
> If you're interested, let me know and I'll see what we can do.
>
> P.S. I don't drink so suggestions on dark beer / porter that can be
> ordered and shipped via the interwebs would be appreciated.

Thanks to all for the kind words!  And should I receive beer, I promise
not to do any sysadmin work on RubyForge after drinking it :-)

Yours,

Tom
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
on 2007-07-22 04:58
(Received via mailing list)
On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 06:10 +0900, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Tom Copeland wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to let folks know that RubyForge now supports svn+http for
> > read-only access to the svn repositories.
>
> Nice, thanks! I had to "tunnel" through our own server in order to
> checkout the current rubyforge mocha project at my current contract work.
> It took me several calls, some month and a half of waiting and a formal
> request for my client company to open the SVN port and then only to my own
> machine ... ;-). Life will be easier now.

Cool.  I hope to get svn+https up and running at some point too.  As far
as I can tell, it seems like svn+ssh and svn+https are mutually
exclusive for the same svn repo - either the filesystem has to handle
the permissions or mod_dav_svn has to.  I'm working on a automated way
for a project admin to elect one or another... we shall see....

Yours,

Tom
3bb23e7770680ea44a2d79e6d10daaed?d=identicon&s=25 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
on 2007-07-22 07:09
(Received via mailing list)
Ryan Davis wrote:
> such a damn fine job of maintaining and improving a critical resource to
>
Email me off list for some links to the best beer in the world from
right here in Oregon, USA. :) The breweries themselves don't appear to
ship, but there are retailers who do.
Ff260830c27224f0e15f37362a6256d0?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Duncan (Guest)
on 2007-07-23 15:42
(Received via mailing list)
* Tom Copeland (tom@infoether.com) wrote:
> > machine ... ;-). Life will be easier now.
>
> Cool.  I hope to get svn+https up and running at some point too.  As far
> as I can tell, it seems like svn+ssh and svn+https are mutually
> exclusive for the same svn repo - either the filesystem has to handle
> the permissions or mod_dav_svn has to.  I'm working on a automated way
> for a project admin to elect one or another... we shall see....

Try using mod_auth_pam to defer HTTP authentication to PAM; then people
don't have to pick and choose.
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
on 2007-07-24 15:22
(Received via mailing list)
On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 22:41 +0900, Paul Duncan wrote:
> * Tom Copeland (tom@infoether.com) wrote:
> > Cool.  I hope to get svn+https up and running at some point too.  As far
> > as I can tell, it seems like svn+ssh and svn+https are mutually
> > exclusive for the same svn repo - either the filesystem has to handle
> > the permissions or mod_dav_svn has to.  I'm working on a automated way
> > for a project admin to elect one or another... we shall see....
>
> Try using mod_auth_pam to defer HTTP authentication to PAM; then people
> don't have to pick and choose.

Cool, I'll look into that...

Thanks,

Tom
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.