Forum: Radiant CMS Wiki down/offline?

69f7fa8d94b3f993ab7a5923a28cb597?d=identicon&s=25 Shawn Oster (soster)
I'm just getting started with Radiant and trying to whip up a new
extension.  I've been using the link here:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Creating_Radiant_Extensions but the wiki
seems
down.  Either I get nothing or "Server Unavailable".  Is this an issue
with
Junebug or the host?

As an aside, I miss the trac wiki, which seemed faster.  As a developer
prefer to keep the docs close to the ticketing system.  Odd I know as
people
here seem to like to separate them but I often find the closer things
are
the more integration you get, similar to the agile technique of placing
your
developers at the customer site so they can have direct interaction.

Shawn Oster
6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John W. Long (Guest)
Shawn Oster wrote:
> I'm just getting started with Radiant and trying to whip up a new
> extension.  I've been using the link here:
> http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Creating_Radiant_Extensions but the wiki seems
> down.  Either I get nothing or "Server Unavailable".  Is this an issue with
> Junebug or the host?

It should be back up now. I've been pretty disappointed in the
performance of late. It seemed to be pretty speedy when I first
installed it, but it doesn't seem to be running very fast right now.

> As an aside, I miss the trac wiki, which seemed faster.  As a developer I
> prefer to keep the docs close to the ticketing system.  Odd I know as people
> here seem to like to separate them but I often find the closer things are
> the more integration you get, similar to the agile technique of placing your
> developers at the customer site so they can have direct interaction.

I sympathize with that perspective, but we had a lot of people who had
difficulty finding the documentation in the first place. Making it top
level has really helped. This is similar to the approach taken on the
Ruby on Rails site.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com