Forum: Ruby Re: Taking the bull by its horns

50128994ae5537d31ac66ab09b4563f0?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Astels (Guest)
I'm regrettably a little late to this list... but dblack slapped me
in the back of the head (figuratively)... so here I am.

So, this is me:

male 42y
bg: BASIC,Assembly(Z80, 6502, 6800, 8088),FORTRAN,Pascal,C,C+
+,Smalltalk,Emacs Lisp,Common Lisp,Scheme,sh,Java,C#.
wk: Freelance Developer specializing in Ruby/Rails, Agile/TDD/BDD guru
location: Greenwich, Nova Scotia, Canada
On 7/18/07, Dave Astels <dastels@daveastels.com> wrote:

Wow I gotta find some time to redo my stats tomorrow, cause I got
Matz, David, James and now Dave.
 I have never seen you posting on this list but I am quite honored to
read from you, funnily you are the only person on this list I have
ever seen (an old Google rspec podcast, cool stuff).
And no, I am not asking for photos of anybody, the age, location,
business and background stuff is very interesting already :).

Cheers
Robert
On 18-Jul-07, at 6:47 PM, Robert Dober wrote:

> On 7/18/07, Dave Astels <dastels@daveastels.com> wrote:
>> I'm regrettably a little late to this list... but dblack slapped me
>> in the back of the head (figuratively)... so here I am.
>>
> I have never seen you posting on this list but I am quite honored to
> read from you

Mostly because I never got around to signing up until today :(

I'm making a point of getting more active in the ruby as well as
rails communities.

> , funnily you are the only person on this list I have
> ever seen (an old Google rspec podcast, cool stuff).

Glad you enjoyed it

Dave
Bef7ff8a0537495a1876ffebdc9f8e51?d=identicon&s=25 Lionel Bouton (Guest)
Dave Astels wrote the following on 19.07.2007 00:46 :

>> , funnily you are the only person on this list I have
>> ever seen (an old Google rspec podcast, cool stuff).
>
> Glad you enjoyed it
>
> Dave

If it is "Beyond Test Driven Development: Behaviour Driven Development"
lets just say that I agree wholeheartedly and recommend it to anyone
curious about BDD.
You did a great job describing and making clear the distractions coming
from classic TDD tools that I only felt intuitively.

Welcome to the list :-)

Lionel.
On 18-Jul-07, at 8:11 PM, Lionel Bouton wrote:

> Dave Astels wrote the following on 19.07.2007 00:46 :
>>
>>> , funnily you are the only person on this list I have ever seen
>>> (an old Google rspec podcast, cool stuff).
>>
>> Glad you enjoyed it

> If it is "Beyond Test Driven Development: Behaviour Driven
> Development" lets just say that I agree wholeheartedly and
> recommend it to anyone curious about BDD.
> You did a great job describing and making clear the distractions
> coming from classic TDD tools that I only felt intuitively.

That's the one.  and thanks.

> Welcome to the list :-)

I'm looking forward to it.

Dave