Forum: Ruby on Rails Text Editor for Windows with SFTP support + Ruby syntax high

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Bbdc298cd824989df148bc5312ab4bc3?d=identicon&s=25 chirag (Guest)
on 2007-07-14 22:01
(Received via mailing list)
Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
support + Ruby syntax highlighting?

SFTP support could include the ability to automatically sync projects
and/or the abillity to edit remote files locally. I'm working on a
Solaris server but don't logging in and having to use vi or emacs.

I found a couple but wanted to see if anybody has a favorite that
works well with Ruby
http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html


Chirag
58ce6437f17a1ca96049500cf66ece6f?d=identicon&s=25 Swartz (Guest)
on 2007-07-14 22:57
(Received via mailing list)
UltraEdit

SFTP/FTP/SSH support. Syntax highlighting for a LOT of languages.
Simple enough to use with powerfull features.

give it a try
Df4094cdfdbe66545fc3e78bbaa360ae?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Johnston (Guest)
on 2007-07-15 04:09
(Received via mailing list)
jEdit with the FTP and Ruby plug-ins. Just make sure you download the
newest
pre release. I believe they are up to 4.3 pre10. Very stable and
versatile
editor with excellent Ruby support.

http://www.jedit.org

On 7/14/07, chirag <patelc75@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
> Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
> support + Ruby syntax highlighting?
>
> SFTP support could include the ability to automatically sync projects
> and/or the abillity to edit remote files locally. I'm working on a
> Solaris server but don't logging in and having to use vi or emacs.
>



--
www.fuzzylizard.com

You know you've achieved perfection in design, Not when you have nothing
more to add, But when you have nothing more to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
4375b4aca04b8d72482fd409fb6d0b47?d=identicon&s=25 Roderick van Domburg (roderickvd)
on 2007-07-15 11:33
Hi Chirag,

> Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
> support + Ruby syntax highlighting?

Aptana does what you want. It's still beta but is shaping up to be
great.
Some milestones do contain a couple of fallacies though.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.nl
E60b2dc57668b5662ce3f07781e41710?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew Rudy Jacobs (matthewrudy)
on 2007-07-15 18:06
Yeah,
I love aptana,

although it does have a tendency for the inbuilt server runner to break.
otherwise, top-notch.

Roderick van Domburg wrote:
> Hi Chirag,
>
>> Does anybody know of any good text editors for Windows with SFTP
>> support + Ruby syntax highlighting?
>
> Aptana does what you want. It's still beta but is shaping up to be
> great.
> Some milestones do contain a couple of fallacies though.
>
> --
> Roderick van Domburg
> http://www.nedforce.nl
Ef8b68858adef176d6dc71a727867b38?d=identicon&s=25 jussij@zeusedit.com (Guest)
on 2007-07-27 04:27
(Received via mailing list)
On Jul 15, 6:00 am, chirag <patel...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I found a couple but wanted to see if anybody has a
> favorite that works well with Ruby
>
>  http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html

I'm just curious. As you indicate the Zeus IDE does
seamless FTP/SFTP editing.

Is there some problem with Zeus and the Ruby language?

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows IDE
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.