Forum: Radiant CMS trying to treat Radiant like Rails

4b0cb858f875eb609b535082e329fc13?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Meves (Guest)
Radius provides a way to turn an object's methods into tags:
  (near "Exposing Objects to Templates")

This seems like it would be a useful way to get at the properties of
Active Record objects from with Radiant (for writers of extensions,
for example.)

However, the Radiant::Taggable module does not seem to pull in the
necessary define_tag() method necessary (of Radiant::Context)  to do

Any suggestions for the Radiant way of making tags out of the
properties of an object?  I think i will be able to do it one-by-one,
method by method, making a tag for each desired method.  This is
probably a bit beyond the scope of Radiant, but I'd thought i'd ask.

Along these lines, has this been done before:  When writing
models/views/controllers for an extension, is it possible to have a
controller's action (result) embed itself within the context of a
radiant page?  This would be the best of the rails *and* radiant

I think the problem is I'm trying to use Radiant like a rails app.
I'm trying to squeeze out that last 20%, since i love the first 80%.

6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John Long (Guest)
Mark Meves wrote:
> necessary define_tag() method necessary (of Radiant::Context)  to do
> this.

You could use:

PageContext.class_eval do
   define_tag ...