Forum: Ruby on Rails Mongrel missing

5cfe2c740d00a1b243e93ed79fdf3a1b?d=identicon&s=25 wiz561@gmail.com (Guest)
Hi!

I'm trying to deploy my application, but running into a problem.  I've
deployed it before and saw that there were files in the ./script
directory that do not exist anymore.  Such files are mongrel and
nginx.

I was wondering how these files get generated.  Do they get installed
when I install the gem?  I've tried to do 'gem install mongrel' on my
client/local box, but the files do not end up in the script
directory.

Thanks,
mike
B09a3f6cdc4797532647d2d264b5df49?d=identicon&s=25 Jodi Showers (jshow)
On 13-Jul-07, at 12:51 PM, wiz561@gmail.com wrote:

> client/local box, but the files do not end up in the script
> directory.
>
> Thanks,
> mike

Mike -

script/server will use mongrel if it's installed and webrick if not

so installing the gem is all you need to do

Jodi
5cfe2c740d00a1b243e93ed79fdf3a1b?d=identicon&s=25 wiz561@gmail.com (Guest)
Interesting...  My org has a capfile that I used.  After checking it
out, it looks like it actually writes a 'mongrel' file in the script
directory.  The strange thing is that sometimes it does and sometimes
it doesn't.  So, I think I've narrowed it down a little bit.  But
nonetheless, it's good to know what the directory does.

thanks,
mike