Forum: Ruby RadRails visual debugger

Ee6788c2faaad7a5cd0bc466c9ea60d8?d=identicon&s=25 aidy.lewis@googlemail.com (Guest)

Do I need to install any other gems to activate the RadRails visual
debugger?

I am using RadRails v0.7.2

As when I attempt to debug, I am getting no further than this
statement in the console

ruby 1.8.6 debugger listens on port 2639

And none of the debug command options are enabled

Aidy
Ee6788c2faaad7a5cd0bc466c9ea60d8?d=identicon&s=25 aidy.lewis@googlemail.com (Guest)
On 12 Jul, 20:23, "aidy.le...@googlemail.com"
<aidy.le...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ruby 1.8.6 debugger listens on port 2639
>
> And none of the debug command options are enabled
>
> Aidy

Sorry for being such a balloon. I have been scratching my head all day
over this, and all I needed to do was change the interpreter to
rubyw.exe

Aidy
Ee6788c2faaad7a5cd0bc466c9ea60d8?d=identicon&s=25 aidy.lewis@googlemail.com (Guest)
On 12 Jul, 20:54, "aidy.le...@googlemail.com"
<aidy.le...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I am using RadRails v0.7.2
> Sorry for being such a balloon. I have been scratching my head all day
> over this, and all I needed to do was change the interpreter to
> rubyw.exe
>
> Aidy

The debugger seems to be only intermittently working. I must be
missing something.

Aidy
14983c3dcc214b3e255185e48b8605c8?d=identicon&s=25 Abhijeet Joshi (jabhijeet)
on 2009-01-01 15:32
hi thr...
m new to Ruuby on Rails..
I am a student.

i have installed ruby then also radrails
but when i am creating new project follwing error occurs at console

-e:3:in `load': C:\Ruby\bin\ruby.exe:1: Invalid char `\220' in
expression (SyntaxError)
  from -e:3

plz help me
D15a45a973443d4562051eb675b60474?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Cloyd (Guest)
Abhijeet Joshi wrote:

> plz help me

Abhijeet -

Four tips:

* This is an international list, conducted in English. When you use text
message abbreviations, you prevent a fair number of list participants
from understanding you, because all they know is standard English, and
not necessarily a lot of that. Furthermore, believe it or not, there are
many people who do NOT test message. I suggest you use standard English,
correctly spelled, if you want to be understood.

* You should always give your working environment details: OS, Ruby
version, rubygems version (if relevant), and in this case Radrails
version. If you don't do this, people have to ask, since without these
details there are simply too many variables to consider.

* Continuing that theme, give adequate details about your PROBLEM:
creating a project is a Radrails function (and this is a Ruby list -
Radrails - Aptana has its own forums). But maybe you're really having a
ruby problem - in which case you need to share some of your code. Give
the full context of the problem!

* The subject line of your post says very little. Use a subject line
that summarizes your problem or question, so that people who might be
helpful to you are alerted to the nature of YOUR problem.

In other words: make more of an effort to help people help you. You'll
get better results!

t.

Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< tc@tomcloyd.com >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website)