Forum: Ruby Ruby Live Tree Error

151d040ed64b61c3871eaa0c7e2feb4e?d=identicon&s=25 Dina Kachintseva (couldusesomehelp)
on 2007-07-11 20:37
The website I am working  (http://xoth.media.mit.edu:8000/ica/view) on
uses a LiveTree add-on that should update a portion of the page to
reflect the components of the tree when the appropriate textbox is used.
For some reason, instead of simply updating a portion of the page, the
site is opening a whole new page with on the partial updated component
displayed. Why is it doing that and how can I fix it?
Ae82cad40a0caca9c932d45c7a9eb3cd?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Glaesemann (Guest)
On Jul 11, 2007, at 13:37 , Dina Kachintseva wrote:

> The website I am working  (http://xoth.media.mit.edu:8000/ica/view) on
> uses a LiveTree add-on that should update a portion of the page to
> reflect the components of the tree when the appropriate textbox is
> used.
> For some reason, instead of simply updating a portion of the page, the
> site is opening a whole new page with on the partial updated component
> displayed. Why is it doing that and how can I fix it?

Unfortunately I don't know anything about LiveTree, but I'm guessing
you're using Rails. You might try the Ruby on Rails mailing list:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net
B9b5ff40232c1dfd61238c2a90467f84?d=identicon&s=25 Wayne E. Seguin (Guest)
On Jul 11, 2007, at 14:37 , Dina Kachintseva wrote:
> The website I am working  (http://xoth.media.mit.edu:8000/ica/view) on
> uses a LiveTree add-on that should update a portion of the page to
> reflect the components of the tree when the appropriate textbox is
> used.
> For some reason, instead of simply updating a portion of the page, the
> site is opening a whole new page with on the partial updated component
> displayed. Why is it doing that and how can I fix it?

My guess without you providing useful information would be (if you're
using Rails) that you failed to tell it what div you'd like it to
replace via the div's id.