Forum: GNU Radio Newbie question: RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink

C20252f38ca038c1feeeac3405e46b0c?d=identicon&s=25 keval (Guest)
Greetings.
Got gnuradio compiled, made, and actually ran the dialtone test last
night.
However, when I attempted the same this morning, I got the following
message
(which, I have to say, I've gotten before but thought last night's test
had
eliminated).
Any thoughts?
Kevin

  File "<stdin>", line 2, in <module>
  File "<stdin>", line 7, in build_graph
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py", line
228,
in sink
    return _audio_alsa.sink(*args)

keval wrote:

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py", line 228,
> in sink
>     return _audio_alsa.sink(*args)
> RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink

The error reporting is unfortunately not as specific as it could be.

In my experience, the most frequent cause of the above is that the sound
card is in use by some other application, possibly a previous run of a
GNU Radio application that didn't exit cleanly.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC