Forum: Ruby on Rails How do I run all my unit tests?

3f38541776a2513a20ea2f1c2d522cb3?d=identicon&s=25 Perry Smith (pedz)
on 2007-07-08 16:28
Sorry for the silly question.  I know how to run a single unit test.
How do I run them all?

Thanks,
Perry
Perry Smith wrote:

> Sorry for the silly question.  I know how to run a single unit test.
> How do I run them all?

Open a command line and enter:

    rake

Then, to learn more about rake's prowess...

   rake --tasks | more

Then get ZenTest's autotest, and leave it running at all times. 66% of
your
edits should be among the tests. Each time you change anything, save
everything and watch autotest's output.

Using these techniques...

http://phlip.eblogs.com/2007/01/02/growl-driven-development/

...you can also make your tests say "yeah" or "no" if they pass or fail.

If they fail, you have the option to undo or revert your last edit.
(That
implies you should integrate to SVN each and every time your code is in
good state that you might want to revert to.) These techniques prevent
wasting hours of debugging!

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/