Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Bug in distclean target

C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
on 2011-02-22 19:12
(Received via mailing list)
Attachment: distclean_target_atk_pango.diff (1 KB)
Hi.

When "make distclean" is used some source files are deleted
(atk/ext/atk/rbatkinits.c and pango/ext/pango/rbpangoinits.c).
The next installation leads to errors (i.e.:
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux/pango.so: undefined symbol:
Init_pango_inits).
I have attached a patch to correct this behaviour.
Ee6ffca720cc428d70247dcd7377dd48?d=identicon&s=25 Kouhei Sutou (Guest)
on 2011-02-25 10:42
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

In <AANLkTikeiVAFYxP=BGKrv08i9esMvimBOnwAn+WHLDNt@mail.gmail.com>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Bug in distclean target" on Tue, 22 Feb 2011
19:11:31 +0100,
  Vincent Carmona <vinc4mai@gmail.com> wrote:

> When "make distclean" is used some source files are deleted
> (atk/ext/atk/rbatkinits.c and pango/ext/pango/rbpangoinits.c).
> The next installation leads to errors (i.e.:
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux/pango.so: undefined symbol:
> Init_pango_inits).
> I have attached a patch to correct this behaviour.

It looks OK to me.
I want to add you to the Ruby-GNOME2 development team. Could
you join the Ruby-GNOME2 development team and commit the
patch by yourself?


Thanks,
--
kou
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
on 2011-02-25 18:01
(Received via mailing list)
2011/2/25 Kouhei Sutou <kou@cozmixng.org>:
>> Init_pango_inits).
>> I have attached a patch to correct this behaviour.
>
> It looks OK to me.
> I want to add you to the Ruby-GNOME2 development team. Could
> you join the Ruby-GNOME2 development team and commit the
> patch by yourself?
>
I could but I think that in future I will still need my patch to be
reviewed as I am learning Ruby/C as a self made man.
I am not sure which way (joining the team or sending patch through
this mailling list) is the best.

> _______________________________________________
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en mailing list
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ruby-...
>



--
Vincent Carmona
Ee6ffca720cc428d70247dcd7377dd48?d=identicon&s=25 Kouhei Sutou (Guest)
on 2011-02-26 04:40
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

In <AANLkTik+i_zFCcCy6rkrD5c_r5jvet5FzHea=+gRxN9U@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Bug in distclean target" on Fri, 25 Feb
2011 18:00:33 +0100,
  Vincent Carmona <vinc4mai@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It looks OK to me.
>> I want to add you to the Ruby-GNOME2 development team. Could
>> you join the Ruby-GNOME2 development team and commit the
>> patch by yourself?
>>
> I could but I think that in future I will still need my patch to be
> reviewed as I am learning Ruby/C as a self made man.
> I am not sure which way (joining the team or sending patch through
> this mailling list) is the best.

OK. I've commited the patch.
And I've add you to the Ruby-GNOME2 development team.
Weocome! :-)

I'll review your patches in future. I hope that you commit
reviewed your patch by yourself at the next time.
What about this step?


Thanks,
--
kou
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
on 2011-02-26 04:47
(Received via mailing list)
2011/2/26 Kouhei Sutou <kou@cozmixng.org>:
>>>
>> I could but I think that in future I will still need my patch to be
>> reviewed as I am learning Ruby/C as a self made man.
>> I am not sure which way (joining the team or sending patch through
>> this mailling list) is the best.
>
> OK. I've commited the patch.
> And I've add you to the Ruby-GNOME2 development team.
> Weocome! :-)

Thanks.
>
> I'll review your patches in future. I hope that you commit
> reviewed your patch by yourself at the next time.
> What about this step?

Ok. I hope I can commit the patch about gstreamer install plugins I
have posted on this list. It is quite a big patch. I am pretty sure it
needs some works.
> insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en mailing list
> ruby-gnome2-devel-en@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ruby-...
>



--
Vincent Carmona
Ee6ffca720cc428d70247dcd7377dd48?d=identicon&s=25 Kouhei Sutou (Guest)
on 2011-02-26 11:11
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

In <AANLkTimoE+t-+UMcpO4eL12DZdP0_PPLnUAmKSSjv57M@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Bug in distclean target" on Sat, 26 Feb
2011 04:47:10 +0100,
  Vincent Carmona <vinc4mai@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'll review your patches in future. I hope that you commit
>> reviewed your patch by yourself at the next time.
>> What about this step?
>
> Ok. I hope I can commit the patch about gstreamer install plugins I
> have posted on this list. It is quite a big patch. I am pretty sure it
> needs some works.

OK. I've reviewed your patch. Please check it!


Thanks,
--
kou
7f28f9db46bfe8e9b8b5fcd90b2f1302?d=identicon&s=25 J. K. (j_k)
on 2011-03-01 14:16
Vincent Carmona wrote in post #983164:

> When "make distclean" is used some source files are deleted
> (atk/ext/atk/rbatkinits.c and pango/ext/pango/rbpangoinits.c).
> The next installation leads to errors (i.e.:
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux/pango.so: undefined symbol:
> Init_pango_inits).
> I have attached a patch to correct this behaviour.

hi vincent -

  thanks for this patch, this was precisely the problem i was having
while trying to install gnome2 0.90.x .   i'll give it a shot again and
get back to you with results.

  i'd like to thank the whole Ruby-GNOME2 development team (this means
you, Kou!) for all the work you've done and are doing.

  -jk
Please log in before posting. Registration is free and takes only a minute.
Existing account

NEW: Do you have a Google/GoogleMail, Yahoo or Facebook account? No registration required!
Log in with Google account | Log in with Yahoo account | Log in with Facebook account
No account? Register here.