Forum: Radiant CMS Radiant extension vs rails plugin

1a632c4ad88cfb867b835eb4e9ff6851?d=identicon&s=25 beddhu murali (Guest)
Hi, What is the difference between a radiant extension and a rails
plugin?

Bijah
8802b1fa1b53e2197beea9454244f847?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Cribbs (Guest)
Rails plugins are designed to extend or modify the Rails framework,
Radiant extensions modify the Radiant application (which is a Rails
app).  In a sense, they do similar things, extensions just have some
easy hooks into Radiant and their initialization routines, etc, are
quite different.

Sean
6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John Long (Guest)
Sean Cribbs wrote:
> Rails plugins are designed to extend or modify the Rails framework,
> Radiant extensions modify the Radiant application (which is a Rails
> app).  In a sense, they do similar things, extensions just have some
> easy hooks into Radiant and their initialization routines, etc, are
> quite different.

On initialization. Plugins are loaded as the Rails framework is being
loaded, but before most of the Radiant application code is loaded.
Radiant extensions are loaded after the application code is loaded.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com