Forum: Ruby on Rails What Test Framework is everyone using?

9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)
I'm just about to launch into a small app inhouse for the manufacturing
company I work for.  I've used rails for quite a while, and have used
Test::Unit baked in rails.  I've also used
rspec - it's changed a bit since I used it
simply_bdd - I've used this one quite a bit.

I see that there is also test/spec available and I am considering this
one
at the moment.

I've tended to go for the ones that are built on top of Test::Unit since
then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.

I'm a bit concerned that if I go for rspec, it's non-standard and I'm
thinking it might get me into trouble when helpers aren't available etc.

What experiences, have people had with these and what would you use?

Cheers
Daniel
On 7/2/07, Daniel N <has.sox@gmail.com> wrote:
> then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.
FWIW, rspec wraps test/unit as well (at least the rails plugin does).
So all of the helpers and assertions are available if you use rspec as
well.

Cheers,
David
On 7/3/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> one
> Cheers,
> David

Thanx, I didn't realise that.  That certianly makes rspec a more viable
option, for me at least.

Cheers