Forum: Ruby on Rails problem with scaffold

41efbdb2ea586fabf5ab11ba03ad0087?d=identicon&s=25 Sandip Gangakhedkar (Guest)
Ive created a new rails app, alongwith the dev database, model and
controller(admin)...when i use scaffold an error pops up  -
NameError in AdminController#index
uninitialized constant Dy

Im clueless....please help
C9c7a65848f13e2b1a226bbe43bc3672?d=identicon&s=25 Pete Yandell (pete)
Sandip Gangakhedkar wrote:
> Ive created a new rails app, alongwith the dev database, model and
> controller(admin)...when i use scaffold an error pops up  -
> NameError in AdminController#index
> uninitialized constant Dy

You haven't provided nearly enough detail for anyone to be able to help
you. Post a step by step description of what you did, what happened, and
what you expected to happen.

Oh, and posting your question a second time because you didn't get an
answer the first time is considered bad form.

Pete Yandell
http://notahat.com/
41efbdb2ea586fabf5ab11ba03ad0087?d=identicon&s=25 Sandip Gangakhedkar (Guest)
Here is a step by step route i took:
1. rails materials
2. mysqladmin -u root create materials_development
3. created model named Die
4. modified create_dies migration and raked it
5. created controller Admin
6. added scaffold :die