Forum: Ruby on Rails getting a mysql error connection error

A19b5f144e0768d27a3d60fab2f2005c?d=identicon&s=25 abhishekkh (Guest)
Hi I was jus trying to get the tutorial 1 on lamp.com to get working.
I am using mysql 5.1. I have the setup the mysql with a username:root
and a password:******
But when I am trying to acess the databse I get a connection error. no
password found.

- abhishekl
Hi Abhiskekkh,

abhishekkh wrote:

> Hi I was jus trying to get the tutorial 1 on lamp.com to get working.
> I am using mysql 5.1. I have the setup the mysql with a username:root
> and a password:******
> But when I am trying to acess the databse I get a connection error. no
> password found.

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean when you say "trying to
access
the database", but if you mean you're getting this error when you try to
access the database via your Rails app....  if you created a password
for
the MySQL user name root, then you need to specify that password in
database.yml.  If I've misunderstood, you'll need to provide more detail
on
what exactly is set up how.

hth,
Bill