Forum: Ruby Re: Where to start in parsing?

753dcb78b3a3651127665da4bed3c782?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Candler (Guest)
> I want to start learning to parse, so naturally I go to Goolge. But
> of course, I got a lot of XML and stuff like that and that's really
> not what I'm looking for (I think). So where do I start?

If you are serious about real parsing (e.g. to the point where you can
a compiler) then invest in a book. "Compilers: Principles, Techniques
Tools" by Aho, Sethi and Ullman is a classic text.