Forum: Ruby Zlib::Deflate.deflate problem

8a7d7a2337de20152672ba74a893599f?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron S. (warhero)
on 2007-06-28 23:44
Hey all,

I'm using Zlib::Deflate.deflate to deflate a response from an HTTP
request to return back to the browser. The requests accept gzip,deflate
but when I return the deflated data the browser is not handling it
correctly..

any ideas where to look to debug?

thanks
Aaron
8a7d7a2337de20152672ba74a893599f?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron S. (warhero)
on 2007-06-28 23:51
Aaron Smith wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm using Zlib::Deflate.deflate to deflate a response from an HTTP
> request to return back to the browser. The requests accept gzip,deflate
> but when I return the deflated data the browser is not handling it
> correctly..
>
> any ideas where to look to debug?
>
> thanks
> Aaron

little more info.. I'm using WebRick, LightTPD, and Mongrel..

I was looking at mongrel source and see that I was missing the
Content-Encoding. But not sure where to set that for each server..