Forum: Ruby on Rails Capistrano rollback_with_migrations

F48118fe74b0c7f6fd82a0ee422fa34e?d=identicon&s=25 snacktime (Guest)
Is there a reason why there is no built in task
rollback_with_migrations in capistrano?  Before I go look at the
source and try overriding that method, I thought there might be a good
reason why it's not there that I haven't though of.

Anyone know?

Chris
B09a3f6cdc4797532647d2d264b5df49?d=identicon&s=25 Jodi Showers (jshow)
On 25-Jun-07, at 8:08 PM, snacktime wrote:

> Is there a reason why there is no built in task
> rollback_with_migrations in capistrano?  Before I go look at the
> source and try overriding that method, I thought there might be a good
> reason why it's not there that I haven't though of.
>
> Anyone know?
>
> Chris

In my experience DDL isn't generally under transaction control, so
there isn't really a safe way to rollback; ie you don't know how much
or little was successful.

Although I understand that postgres has support for transactions
around DDL.

Cheers,
Jodi
General Partner