Forum: GNU Radio about how to test RFX900 with USRP

7df88d9a3a276ee63bbc746121f73212?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
I am a beginner in USRP for GNU Radio. I just buy two sets of USRP with
RFX900 for our project. There is no any documents together with the
package. That is fine for play USRP monther board. But when I want to
test a transmitter and receiver between two sets of USRP+RFX900, there
is no any readme documents address this, so I have to go through all
files to find which file may be used to test RFX900. Furthermore there
is even no comments in the .py file, so I have to understand all the
codes in that file to decide how to build up a link between two RFX900.
It is very difficult for many beginners like me to understand without
readme and comments. Does anyone have suggestions for:
1. which files should I use to test link between two RFX900?
2. which file may I use to set the power gain for trasmitter? since my
experience before is LNA in receiver has maximum input power limit.
3. which file may I use to set different waveforms?
4. Is there such documents addressing these for beginners?

I find several folders include .py with regarding to usrp:
/usrp/host/apps, /gr-usrp, /gnuradio-examples/usrp. and I am reading
some of them:,,, It is really a painstaking for me now. Any advices is
highly appreciated. Thank you very much!

1fbbf2b6e2540c61c664c8a87ef68a76?d=identicon&s=25 Zi Bell (bellzii)
Hey ,
the best starting point is the tutorials at the link:

for test the daughter board , use the examples in the usrp directory use
usrp_scope and usrp_siggen

you can send a signal and receive it this way . About adjusting the PGA

thats all i can help with hope thats enough

zhifeng wrote:
> It is very difficult for many beginners like me to understand without
> It is really a painstaking for me now. Any advices is

Sent from the GnuRadio mailing list archive at
821c1adf3f4be2f2aa6fbc89cce4c69a?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Dickens (Guest)
< >

I keep seeing my group's tutorial (the "JNL" Group at UND, via the
former group member Dawei Shen) mentioned on this list as a good
reference; I agree wholeheartedly!  As some folks have pointed out,
while it is somewhat out of date w/r.t. obtaining and installation,
it still provides plenty of good nuggets and advice on getting
started with GNU Radio.  The good news for GNU Radio users is that
JNL has put some grad students to work this summer revising the
tutorials to bring them up to date!  I'll post more when we get new
documents up and available. - MLD