Forum: GNU Radio gr.udp_source data format

1fbbf2b6e2540c61c664c8a87ef68a76?d=identicon&s=25 Zi Bell (bellzii)
>From the examples ive seen  in hier/networking the data coming from the UDP
source seems to be float , is this true? Or is the data format optional
?

Can I receive UDP from 2 different ports simultaneously ?

thanks in advance
ziad

bellzii wrote:
> >From the examples ive seen  in hier/networking the data coming from the UDP
> source seems to be float , is this true? Or is the data format optional ?

Data format is optional using the itemsize value as the first argument
(e.g., gr.sizeof_gr_complex).

> Can I receive UDP from 2 different ports simultaneously ?
>
> thanks in advance
> ziad
I've never tried it, but I don't see why not. You'll have to make two
udp_source blocks with different port numbers given as arguments.

Tom