Forum: Ruby on Rails Firebug for IE? Microsoft unbelieveably bad.

328f0bb678423fcea01ebe3b0edc74e6?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Johnson (benjohnson)
on 2007-06-24 08:43
I need a way to see ajax requests being made for IE and then be able to
see what those requests return. Basically firebug, but for IE. Is this
possible? Doing any kind of debugging in IE is pretty much impossible. I
am about ready to plan a strategy to blow up the Microsoft headquarters.
Any tips on debugging in IE?

Thanks for your help.
8d00a3b94ad158920ca8980269ca57ac?d=identicon&s=25 bitserf (Guest)
On Jun 24, 6:43 pm, Ben Johnson <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> I need a way to see ajax requests being made for IE and then be able to
> see what those requests return. Basically firebug, but for IE. Is this
> possible? Doing any kind of debugging in IE is pretty much impossible. I
> am about ready to plan a strategy to blow up the Microsoft headquarters.
> Any tips on debugging in IE?

Hello,

You might want to look at
http://projects.nikhilk.net/Projects/WebDevHelper.aspx.
I've used it in IE 6, I'm not sure whether it works in 7.

Leon