Forum: Ruby on Rails Firs rails site, need some feedback

328f0bb678423fcea01ebe3b0edc74e6?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Johnson (benjohnson)
on 2007-06-23 01:30
I finally somewhat finished my first site and I figured there is no
better way to improve your programming than by getting feedback from
other developers. So any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

http://neco.com
5a903f9189f9e232dead46eb6be1dd19?d=identicon&s=25 kris (Guest)
Ben,

Well done. I do have one quote I love to live by:

"Less is more"

Going overboard with ajax can cause problems with your search engine
rankings.
328f0bb678423fcea01ebe3b0edc74e6?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Johnson (benjohnson)
on 2007-06-23 01:44
kris wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Well done. I do have one quote I love to live by:
>
> "Less is more"
>
> Going overboard with ajax can cause problems with your search engine
> rankings.

We are going to build landing pages for search engines and have them use
the fall back links for the ajax. So the ajax really shouldnt effect the
search engine rankings if we do this properly. Thanks for the feedback!
5a903f9189f9e232dead46eb6be1dd19?d=identicon&s=25 kris (Guest)
You shouldn't rely on landing pages for this. It's a very bad move.