Forum: Ruby Problems executing example code from xruby

D0338c0de4cb3c5c17300396159933d1?d=identicon&s=25 Axel Etzold (Guest)
Dear all,

I am experiencing problems while executing the example
script from xruby, which should generate Java *class
code from ruby *rb scripts.
So the error I am getting requires some Java,
and xruby rather than ruby knowledge.

I am going through the example at

http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/XRubyHackingGuide,
 and I get the error below.

From the little Java I know so far, I suspect
that this error is due to java not finding the class
file that xruby generates. Is this true? Where are they
stored -- inside a *jar file ? How do I tell java where they are?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Axel

axel@dhcppc1:~> java -jar test.jar
com/xruby/runtime/lang/RubyProgram
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
7e593ac63e5f25649b701dc25f69d1b7?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Parravicini (Guest)
On 6/20/07, Axel Etzold <AEtzold@gmx.de> wrote:
> axel@dhcppc1:~> java -jar test.jar
com/xruby/runtime/lang/RubyProgram
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

  Haven't used xruby myself but com.xruby.runtime.lang.RubyProgram
seems from xruby and not from the generated code. Maybe you need xruby
in your classpath? Putting the needed jars on the environment variable
CLASSPATH or using java -classpath argument might help. Try something
like 'java -classpath /path/to/xruby.jar -jar test.jar'

You can read
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/solar...
or http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windo...
for more information on how to set up the classpath.