Forum: Ruby on Rails Multiple file uploads

Ae38c5e5e17252d4798b6229d3a8f098?d=identicon&s=25 dfrank86 (Guest)
I need a form that will allow directories to be uploaded, rather than
one file at a time.  Is this possible?  On my Mac, at least, the file
selection menu won't allow a user to select a folder.

Thanks!
On 20 Jun 2007, at 23:32, dfrank86 wrote:

> I need a form that will allow directories to be uploaded, rather than
> one file at a time.  Is this possible?  On my Mac, at least, the file
> selection menu won't allow a user to select a folder.

SWFUpload allows you to select multiple files for upload (not the
folder itself, but you can select all the files in the folder with
Command/Control-A). Only other way if the folder itself needs to be
uploaded is asking the user to zip the bunch and upload the zip file.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
On 6/20/07, dfrank86 <daniel.frank@colorado.edu> wrote:

> I need a form that will allow directories to be uploaded, rather than
> one file at a time.  Is this possible?  On my Mac, at least, the file
> selection menu won't allow a user to select a folder.

That's a browser/http limitation.  It's also why you can't upload
certain mac files that are really just directories with fancy
extensions.

--
Rick Olson
http://lighthouseapp.com