Forum: GNU Radio FLEX400

Eed3ebafce202c8454ed529806d87d01?d=identicon&s=25 Mamoru Yamamoto (Guest)
Dear Sirs,

I have two questions on USRP and GNU radio use.

(1) Change of output file of file_sink

I would like to record data into files.  I am now using
file_sink in the flow graph.  Now my program is very
simple and it can record data into one file only.
I want to change the program that it can start/stop
receiving, and for different runs, record data into
different files.  How can I change output file
(= filename)?  Do I need to stop the program and
return to OS for each file output?

(2) Set PLL frequency of RFX400

I am using RFX400 for receiving.  It works fine.
But I would like to set PLL (the local oscillator
on the board) to a certain frequency.  Please show
me how to control frequency of the PLL on the board.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

----
Mamoru Yamamoto  yamamoto@rish.kyoto-u.ac.jp
> (2) Set PLL frequency of RFX400
>
> I am using RFX400 for receiving.  It works fine.
> But I would like to set PLL (the local oscillator
> on the board) to a certain frequency.  Please show
> me how to control frequency of the PLL on the board.

Use the normal set_freq method as in usrp_siggen.py.  If you need to
control it yourself, see how it is done in gr-usrp/src/db_flexrf.py

Matt