Forum: GNU Radio Swig Error in Python from Trunk Build

14925337ae06c164531253d84941285e?d=identicon&s=25 John Stralka (Guest)
I am running Feisty Fawn Ubuntu.  I downloaded, built, and installed the
GNU Radio via the trunk following the build directions for Feisty on
"".  As directed, I used the
Ubuntu version of swig since I'm using Feisty.  Everything seemed to go
ok.  My USRP is recognized via USB.  I'm also able to run
"test_usrp_standard_tx" and "test_usrp_standard_rx" from
"usrp/host/apps".  However, when I attempt to run ""
from "gnuradio-examples/python/usrp" I get the following errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./", line 30, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/",
line 27, in <module>
    from gnuradio_swig_python import *
line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio_swig_py_runtime import *
line 6, in <module>
    import _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime
ImportError: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Am I missing something during the build?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

Never miss an email again!
3dfb724cefc1eddbade1e8bd1ee6131f?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Halperin (Guest)

Double check that you updated /etc/ and run ldconfig?

- -Dan

John Stralka wrote:
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/",
line 6, in <module>

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -