Forum: Ruby on Rails Captcha, account verification in RoR

Cdb765f639f8b2def103edd44d9b110f?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Riley (wdperson)
on 2007-06-12 02:48
I am creating a Ruby on Rails site and am curious about the best way to
stop spam on the site.  For account creation there is:
a) Captcha
b) email verification

For messages, forums I am sure you could try to check the message for
any weird characters or typical spam phrases.  I saw in the other post
there is the hivelogic email enkoder for hiding email addresses for
protecting email addresses.  I was reading a blog and it said captcha
and email verification are bothersome to users.  Almost seemed from the
blog that it shouldn't be used.  If that is true, what are RoR
developers using?  What is the best practice for Ruby on Rails
developers?

thanks.
Mike
C9c7a65848f13e2b1a226bbe43bc3672?d=identicon&s=25 Pete Yandell (pete)
Mike Riley wrote:
> I am creating a Ruby on Rails site and am curious about the best way to
> stop spam on the site.  For account creation there is:
> a) Captcha

Have a look at http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/recaptcha

Pete Yandell
http://notahat.com/