Forum: Ruby on Rails change value of variable from config file and store it back

B00946463b510065ae72018c52d887d6?d=identicon&s=25 Dima Hristov (rosty)
on 2007-06-10 15:47
I'm having a global variable that is placed in development.rb. How can I
change the value of that variable from within the code and store it back
to the config file?
B00946463b510065ae72018c52d887d6?d=identicon&s=25 Dima Hristov (rosty)
on 2007-06-10 16:20
Dima Hristov wrote:
> I'm having a global variable that is placed in development.rb. How can I
> change the value of that variable from within the code and store it back
> to the config file?

I've been told in the IRC channel that it is not practical to store it
in the *.rb file, and that a better approach would be storing it in my
custom config file and the code from developemt.rb would load that
global variable from the config file. I agree with it.