Forum: Ruby on Rails Sessions change with IE

Dc218395c242f9feb76c62aea1183874?d=identicon&s=25 helzer (Guest)
My (still under development) website:
http://passport_photo_validator.onthegosystems.com
causes Explorer to change sessions every call. No matter what I click
on any page, a new session is generated. When I look at the log, I see
that every call that's made from IE gets a new session.

It doesn't happen on Firefox. Sessions behave normally.

More strange is that it doesn't happen on neither (Explorer, nor FF)
on the development machine.

Any suggestions on how I can debug this?

What can I do to start poking around on what the browser needs to get
from the server in order to continue a session?

Thanks,
Amir
Cb98c59a6ff22c72676e756bbd28f266?d=identicon&s=25 Jacob Atzen (Guest)
helzer wrote:
> Any suggestions on how I can debug this?
>
> What can I do to start poking around on what the browser needs to get
> from the server in order to continue a session?

IE is too stupid to handle URL's with underscores. Replace with dash (-)
and your problems will go away. On a related note, if you have two
different apps one on example.com and another on www.example.com IE will
fail to produce the right cookie for the www.example.com site.

--
Cheers
- Jacob Atzen

That fixed it.

Do you think that IE will work OK for two domains like this:
xxx.example.com
yyy.example.com

(but no example.com)

helzer wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> That fixed it.
>
> Do you think that IE will work OK for two domains like this:
> xxx.example.com
> yyy.example.com

Yes, that should work.

--
Cheers,
- Jacob Atzen
Jacob Atzen wrote:

> IE is too stupid to handle URL's with underscores.

Is it possible that uppercase causes the same problem?