Forum: GNU Radio N210 connects but unreachable, only orange light ON

89d4bfe82676499b04204bff109a3541?d=identicon&s=25 Sivaramakrishnan B C (Guest)

The N210 we had was returning ping requests after we managed to burn the
latest firmware and fpga images on to it from
http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_images/UHD-imag.... At
that
point the green light on the ethernet port on the N210 was ON and the
orange
light was blinking.

But now we see a solid orange light ON with no blinking and the green
light
is OFF. The ping requests are not being returned but the N210 stays
connected to the PC. Is there anyway to reset the device? My colleague
is
not able to remember if he could have possibly burnt some
incompatible/wrong
firmware images as we have 2 N210s we're trying to set up. Is there any
way
to revive our N210? These creatures entered our lab only a couple of
days
ago!

Thanks,
Siva
93d90393e6a06dea948671110f6810a8?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Abele (Guest)
> But now we see a solid orange light ON with no blinking and the green light
> is OFF. The ping requests are not being returned but the N210 stays
> connected to the PC. Is there anyway to reset the device? My colleague is
> not able to remember if he could have possibly burnt some incompatible/wrong
> firmware images as we have 2 N210s we're trying to set up. Is there any way
> to revive our N210? These creatures entered our lab only a couple of days
> ago!

Whoops, sounds like you might have written the fpga and firmware to
the opposite locations.

As noted in the usrp-users list:
http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists....

We have seen a few people inadvertently suffer from this mistake.

Good news is its fairly easy to get you fixed up.  I will follow up
with you offlist to get this corrected

For others updating their N210 firmware, please make sure to use the
usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py from January 28th or later

Thanks
Jason
4ce385282ee0d1e286112c44d7e2800c?d=identicon&s=25 juan pablo montero (ermonito2)

This is the first time I work with USRP N210. I can't ping it
(Destination Host Unreachable).
I see a solid orange light ON with no blinking and the green light
is OFF on the port.
The leds D & F are ON too.
I haven't burn any firmware image yet, so I don't know what I have to
do.
Can anyone help me?

Regards
Juan Pablo
2e00418766ebd49455e48bf323437119?d=identicon&s=25 Ke Li (kerry)
on 2015-12-03 05:09
Hi:

How did you solve this problem? Can anyone help me?

Regards
Kerry