Forum: Ferret some items not indexed properly.. how to fix?

26ca684555abbdb44f01bd1e165e649b?d=identicon&s=25 Vince W. (vince)
on 2007-06-06 16:38
I've got ferret enabled for :name and :description.  One of the items it
should be indexing has a name of Flow Yoga

searching for 'Flow' finds it but searching for 'Yoga' does not.

I also have Elation Yoga in the database

searching for 'Elation' finds it and searching for 'Yoga' also finds it.

Anybody know why these might be acting differently to ferret?  I'm using
version 0.11.3
26ca684555abbdb44f01bd1e165e649b?d=identicon&s=25 Vince W. (vince)
on 2007-06-06 17:47
Vince W. wrote:
> I've got ferret enabled for :name and :description.  One of the items it
> should be indexing has a name of Flow Yoga
>
> searching for 'Flow' finds it but searching for 'Yoga' does not.
>
> I also have Elation Yoga in the database
>
> searching for 'Elation' finds it and searching for 'Yoga' also finds it.
>

> Anybody know why these might be acting differently to ferret?  I'm using
> version 0.11.3

I've got some more info. It turns out that it's related to the number of
words in the name:

In my prior example I should have been more specific:  Flow Yoga Network
doesn't show up because it's 3 words, but if I change it to just Flow
Yoga then it *does* index.  Now why would ferret care about the number
of words in the name field?