Forum: Radiant CMS 3 level deep navigation tags

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
2946e3fd11261f3241ac3b9a0889b525?d=identicon&s=25 dave4c03 (Guest)
on 2007-06-05 23:20
(Received via mailing list)
I would like to convert http://sanjosechiropractic.com/  to a radiant
based
site. However, it seems to me radiant does not yet have navigation tags
to
deal with a 3 level deep menu.   For example, see »
Home<http://sanjosechiropractic.com/index.html>» About
Chiropractic <http://sanjosechiropractic.com/chiropractic.html> »
Straights
and Mixers for the sort of menu structure required.

What is the current status of work being done in this area?

I know it is possible to solve the problem by hard coding the menu
information into the site.  however, that is unacceptable, I need to
generate all navigational menus from the radiant file structure.
8802b1fa1b53e2197beea9454244f847?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Cribbs (Guest)
on 2007-06-06 00:02
(Received via mailing list)
Dave,

Check back through the mailing-list archives for information about the
sitemap snippet.  It does most of what you want.

@Marty Haught - would you be willing to share the working code for the
if_ancestor tag?  I haven't looked at it in a while.

Sean
2946e3fd11261f3241ac3b9a0889b525?d=identicon&s=25 dave4c03 (Guest)
on 2007-06-06 07:57
(Received via mailing list)
I got a *undefined tag `if_ancestor_or_self'.

*I found your email at
http://lists.radiantcms.org/pipermail/radiant/2006....
Is
the code in your email all that is required to define the
if_ancestor_or_self tag?
8802b1fa1b53e2197beea9454244f847?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Cribbs (Guest)
on 2007-06-06 14:27
(Received via mailing list)
Dave,

Here's some updated code that will work with 0.6.  Keep in mind this
doesn't describe how to hook it up.

tag 'if_ancestor_or_self' do
  page = tag.globals.actual_page
  ancestors = page.ancestors
  context_page = tag.locals.page
  tag.expand if context_page == page || ancestors.include?(context_page)
end

Sean
66ea50b15982d1b33aeaaa6df0d7a1dd?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Heneise (Guest)
on 2007-06-06 16:29
(Received via mailing list)
I have a plugin that gives you tags that you need to make nested
navigation:

http://svn.artofmission.com/svn/plugins/radiant/pl...

On Jun 6, 2007, at 7:25 AM, Sean Cribbs wrote:

> (context_page)
>> the code in your email all that is required to define the
>>> @Marty Haught - would you be willing to share the working code
>>> based
>>> Straights
>>>> Radiant mailing list
>>> Site:   http://lists.radiantcms.org/mailman/listinfo/radiant
> _______________________________________________
> Radiant mailing list
> Post:   Radiant@lists.radiantcms.org
> Search: http://radiantcms.org/mailing-list/search/
> Site:   http://lists.radiantcms.org/mailman/listinfo/radiant
>

------------------------------------------------
Ryan Heneise
Art of Mission, Inc.
3720 Gattis School Rd #800 PMB 245
Round Rock, TX 78664

800-722-1492 (phone)

www.artofmission.com
ryan@artofmission.com
2946e3fd11261f3241ac3b9a0889b525?d=identicon&s=25 dave4c03 (Guest)
on 2007-06-07 23:07
(Received via mailing list)
It looks like it just might work!  Thanks!

Did you know the tag works in a snippet but does not work in a layout?
It
gets a *undefined method `ancestors' for nil:NilClass.  *(I might have
installed it wrong, all I did was put it in a navigation_tags directory
under vendor/plugins)
66ea50b15982d1b33aeaaa6df0d7a1dd?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Heneise (Guest)
on 2007-06-08 05:17
(Received via mailing list)
> Did you know the tag works in a snippet but does not work in a
> layout?  It
> gets a *undefined method `ancestors' for nil:NilClass.  *(I might have
> installed it wrong, all I did was put it in a navigation_tags
> directory
> under vendor/plugins)

Strange - I don't know why it would do that - I haven't tried it in a
layout yet. Feel free to modify it; if you want to send me a patch
I'll see that it gets committed. Also, the tag can be terribly slow
if you have a lot of pages. If you can figure out a way to make it
render faster, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

On Jun 7, 2007, at 4:06 PM, dave4c03 wrote:

>>
>>> Here's some updated code that will work with 0.6.  Keep in mind this
>>> Sean
>>>> On 6/5/07, Sean Cribbs <seancribbs@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> navigation tags
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Search: http://radiantcms.org/mailing-list/search/
>>>>>
>>> Post:   Radiant@lists.radiantcms.org
>> 800-722-1492 (phone)
>> Site:   http://lists.radiantcms.org/mailman/listinfo/radiant
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Radiant mailing list
> Post:   Radiant@lists.radiantcms.org
> Search: http://radiantcms.org/mailing-list/search/
> Site:   http://lists.radiantcms.org/mailman/listinfo/radiant
>

------------------------------------------------
Ryan Heneise
Art of Mission, Inc.
3720 Gattis School Rd #800 PMB 245
Round Rock, TX 78664

800-722-1492 (phone)

www.artofmission.com
ryan@artofmission.com
671a594c8e50842418749070324bf64c?d=identicon&s=25 Marty Haught (Guest)
on 2007-06-08 06:34
(Received via mailing list)
> Check back through the mailing-list archives for information about the
> sitemap snippet.  It does most of what you want.
>
> @Marty Haught - would you be willing to share the working code for the
> if_ancestor tag?  I haven't looked at it in a while.

Sorry, just saw this.  If you guys still want the extension that I
plugged this into just email me off list.

Cheers,
Marty
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.